Skills and Technologies
For this position, we are looking for somebody who has applied experience with these technologies:
- Python: Advanced skills and demonstrated experience using Python, preferably recent Python 3.
- Python Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Frameworks: We use Behave, but experience with BDD in any Python framework is acceptable.
- Python Web Frameworks/Apps: Either Django or Flask is preferred, the job entails producing tools which need reasonable interfaces.
- REST APIs: Extensive experience working with REST APIs from a test or development perspective.
Additional technologies which we use:
- API Schema: RAML, Swagger/OpenAPI, GraphQL
- PostgreSQL, also MSSQL/MySQL/SQLITE for some uses
In addition to technical skill, we have certain working characteristics that we value:
- Teamwork: we prefer to work in small teams and leverage the effectiveness of multiple minds on a problem.
- Independence: we prefer to give the engineer responsibility and empower their (responsible) decision-making.
- Willingness to learn: we are constantly engaging new problems and technology, and success for us requires a willingness to seek out solutions to new challenges.
- Collaboration: We work with other teams inside and alongside Acronis, and as a platform team, they are our critical customers. Their customer satisfaction is critical to our success.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.