Backend Software Engineer / Devops
Vaga Postada: 7 de Abril de 2021
- Empresa: Exponential Ventures
- Faixa salarial: USD$ - USD$
- Estado: Indeterminado
- Local da vaga: Work from Home
- Nível: Sênior
- Aceita Remoto?: Sim
- Tipo de contratação: PJ
Descrição da vaga
At Exponential Ventures, we're working to solve big problems with exponential technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Digital Fabrication, Human-Machine Interaction, and Robotics. If you're interested in these fields, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to create a positive change in the world then keep reading.
We're behind the development of several Startups. The Exponential Venture's Founder is the former CTO and co-founder of Startup Foundry where he helped create startups such as Quickly Legal, Respect, Curio, and Crowdspring. We're also behind a few Open Source projects, the most notable being the Network Scanning frontend called Zenmap (formerly known as Umit) that is distributed by all mainstream Linux distributions and is used daily by hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity engineers throughout the world. It has even featured in the movie Bourne Ultimatum!
We know that quality employee are a company's greatest asset, and that is why we don't settle for anything less than the best. If we choose to work together, know that not only you will be allowed to speak your mind and contribute ideas, but you will be expected to so at all times. We also expect our teammates to strive to grow and take the lead on the projects that we create.
Currently, we're looking for a Backend Software Engineer with mad Devops skills who actually understands of networks and security. Experience working on an agile environment and being interested in stretching his or her skillsets is a must. This is a full-time position to work remotely or from our office in the Greater Chicago area.
Here is what you'll be doing:
* Prototyping experimental products and features
* Working collaboratively, presenting ideas and sharing knowledge
* Writing clean, practical code. We will look to you to solve hard problems while making our code fast, elegant, and awesome.
* Help manage a massive on-premise AI Cluster running on Kubernetes
* Manage continuous integration and deployment systems
* Help build an easy to use environment for local development of our apps
* Help manage our AWS cluster
* Staying up-to-date with technologies so you can suggest new coding practices, recommend architecture changes, and optimize scalability.
* Being a leader across several security areas and technologies
* Helping to innovate and automate tasks and procedures technologies
* Evaluating system performance and implementing security improvements as appropriate
* Building strong work relationship with other team members
* Getting paid to create amazing things
We're strong believers in cultivating a strong culture and a healthy work environment. Here are the benefits we offer:
* Stock Equity
* Competitive Salary
* Flexible Paid Vacation
* Free books (regular, audio, ebooks)
* Time to dedicate on your own ideas and hacking events
* Annual allowance for professional development
Exponential Ventures values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We are committed to creating a work environment that is welcoming and empowering to all of our employees, and we believe that this is what makes us stronger.
Here is the kind of professional we're looking for:
* BS in Computer Science or related field
* 5-7 years of Software Engineering experience on an agile environment
* Experience with one or more of the mainstream languages, preferably Python
* Deep understanding of relational database schema design and performance tuning
* Deep understanding of non-relational database technologies, how to design efficient software that uses them, as well as how to tune their performance
* Experience dealing with large datasets (Tb+)
* Experience deploying applications to cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
* Proven experience with networks, security, and unix systems
Confira vagas similares